HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Unless otherwise stated in any other Service Agreement, in order to render our Services, we collect personal data in a number of ways directly from you, when you
- Communicate with us by phone or email
- Use our Services
- Submit personal data through our Site and/or Customer Portal
- Submit Job application and resume
- Request support from our customer support team
- Participate in surveys and evaluations
- Download marketing material
We also collect supplemental information from other sources, including:
- From third parties such as Eocean affiliates
- From third parties that have your permission to share your personal data with Us
- From publicly available sources of information
- At conventions, trade events, and expos
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We have already specified (under point 3.1 of the Terms of Service the kind of Personal Data that we require, collect, asses and store during the period of account creation and thereafter during your use of our Services.
We collect Personal data to process your job application which can include but is not limited to Name, National identity number, date of birth, gender, personal email, home address, zip code, country, phone number, employment information, educational information. We may collect information during your use of our Site through the placement of Cookies and trusted third party tracking technologies on your browser. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and operating system. All of the information that is automatically collected is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns. Some of this information is stored for security purposes so we can alert you of any suspicious activity on your account.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect Personal data for following purposes.
- To create your Service account.
- To ensure that all service-related features that we provide are available, functional and maintained as per the specifications advertised/agreed.
- To fulfill obligations arising from any service level agreements between you and us. To facilitate third parties to participate in the provision and improvement of the services (including without limitation operators, hosting partners, and other service provider
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so.
- To enhance the services we provide by developing new features, and improving functionality of existing features.
- To notify you of any changes to our Services.
- To comply with laws and regulations.
- To enable our support team to resolve your technical issues.
- To send you service-related announcements related to scheduled maintenance activity.
- To update you about the services we offer, promotions and general business information which may or may not be connected to third parties we work with. You have the right to opt-out of receiving any promotional information as detailed below under ‘Opt-out’ section of this policy.
Our Customer portal uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows us to process your online data and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you have logged in. These cookies are deleted once your session expires.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site and cannot be turned off. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any Personally Data.
- Performance cookies – They cookies allow us to count visits and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional cookies – These are cookies that are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. These cookies enable us to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. This may be set by us or third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
You can set your browser on how to update, activate, deactivate or remove cookies by visiting the links below:
You can find out more information about cookies by visiting https://cookiesandyou.com.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our sites, such as online forms, will be limited.
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic to our Site and understand how you move around and use our Service. We use this information to enhance the Site and Service we provide to ensure that Users get the best experience possible. All of the information we collect from Google Analytics is aggregate and will not be disclosed with any other third parties.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across our Site, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or rent any of your Personal Data to third- parties for any advertising or marketing purposes. However, in the following cases your Personal Data may be shared without obtaining your prior consent with:
- Operators, hosting partners, cloud storage providers, customer relationship management providers who provide Services to us for operation of our business
- Third party (for example, via an opt-in) including where you have added or connected an integration with a third party through our platform, or where you give access to your service account through an API.
- Governmental and/or regulatory authority if such disclosure is required by law, regulation or legal process and/or in order to enforce our and other agreements; or to protect the rights and safety of Eocean, our customers, or others and to investigate fraudulent activity.
- Affiliates and employees who require your Personal Data in order to provide our Services.
- Where all or a portion of our assets are sold or transferred to another company through a sale or liquidation of its assets.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may include links to other sites that are not owned and controlled by us. We are not responsible for privacy practices for the linked sites that you visit. If you submit Personal Data to any of those sites, their use of your information is governed by their respective privacy policies.
We may use your Personal Data to provide you with information about our services as (including by way of email and SMS) that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving any such information relating to promotions, new services and features from us by emailing us at email@example.com.
ACCESS TO AND RECTIFICATION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to access personal data related to you and to ask us to confirm what processing we carry out in relation to your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to rectify or add your Personal Data if it is incorrect or incomplete.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your personal data is important to us. We take necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, interference, loss, modification and disclosure. We follow best practices and industry standard security measures in accordance with ISO 27001: 2013 standard requirements including, the use of firewalls, restricted access and encrypted transmissions. Eocean limits access to Personal Data to those employees who have a business need to process such Personal Data. Nonetheless security vulnerabilities are constantly evolving and due to transmission over internet, no security measures can guarantee absolute security of Personal Data or elimination of possibility by third-parties to circumvent security measures to intercept or access such data.
We will hold your Personal Data in our database for as long as is necessary to provide the Services you have requested or you had contracted for, and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- required by law, contract or similar obligations application to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving (customer support), defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records (billing purposes).